Objective: To encourage our GRAHA hockey players to get outdoors and practice the game of hockey while developing the skills where hockey players are made. No coaches, no structure just pure hockey.
From November-March Every Season
Goal:To improve general hockey skills through additional ice time
- Complete 50 additional hours of hockey skating outdoors
- Scheduled team practices and games do not count towards the 50 hours.
- Working on hockey skills with friends and family
- Skating, puck handling, shooting, mini games, etc.
- Use the Rink Rat form at the top of the page to track your player's hours at the outdoor rink.
- Email completed Rink Rat sheets to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of April of each season.
- In May of each year, players who complete the rink rat challenge will have their name listed on the Wall of Workers at the IRA Civic Center and will be recognized on the GRAHA website for the duration of the year. Additionally, each player who completes the challenge will receive a GRAHA rink rat challenge t-shirt.